[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Connect: "idle" tuner keep streaming

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Oct 6 07:15:24 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 23 2017 at 12:33 CEST, perkins1724 at hotmail.com writes:

[...]

> Try mythbackend -v eit --loglevel debug

Thanks for the suggestion. I've finally found time to follow
it. Unfortunately the log messages are too cryptic for me, I see no
explicit information when the tuners are used for EIT. For the time
being I will live with it, perhaps I will return to the problem some
time in the future.

>>> P.S. Why 'ps x' doesn't show me the MythTV backend?

[...]

> You are running the command as the BE user? Works for me.

Thanks for the hint.

For me it works too, but I expected the BE process to be visible also
for a regular user, as I call e.g. mythtv-setup as a regular user.

Actually what I had in mind is: what's the simplest way to check that
BE is running?

Best regards

Janusz

--
                           ,
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)