[mythtv-users] Rsync test system

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 23:53:28 UTC 2017

As it stands, three drives in a combined FE/BE two 1TB for storage and a
500GB with 80 GB for OS 80 GB unalocated and swap and storage. So I'm
thinking rsync with all the excludes, install xenial on unallocated space
and restore, then I can tinker all I want on the second OS partition and
boot from new and improved or old faithful, according to results, all of
which is within my limited skill set. I appreciate that there are always
seventeen different ways to do things, what I would like confirmation on,
is that mine is a pitfall free tack?

Should be decent - one downside I forsee is if you record anything on the
sda2 configuration and database, it won't transfer over to the sda1
database. You'd have to manually add it, which isn't impossible, but isn't
trivial and can be easy to break if you aren't careful.

Steve

Daryl