[mythtv-users] DVD iso Playback Fails After Upgrade to 0.28

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 4 01:16:45 UTC 2017

On 10/03/2017 11:17 AM, Richard Hulme wrote:
> On 03/10/17 19:49, Richard Hulme wrote:
>> On 02/10/17 17:42, Jay Foster wrote:
>>>>
>>> file THE\ MATRIX.iso
>>> THE MATRIX.iso: # UDF filesystem data (version 1.5)
>>> 'THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA'
>>>
>>> isoinfo -p -i "THE MATRIX.iso"
>>> Path table starts at block 257, size 3222
>>>     1:    1 105
>>>     2:    1 106 CABINETS
>>>     3:    1 107 SETUP
>>>     4:    1 108 VIDEO_TS
>>>     5:    1 109 WHV
>>
>> OK, so working on the theory that maybe the UDF library has an issue,
>> could you try running the frontend directly from the command line?
>>
>> Unforuntately the library writes its error messages to stderr  so we
>> can't easily redirect them to our logs.  If you only look at the log
>> file, you won't see them.  If you run the frontend from the command
>> line, everything will be written to the console.  It's probably not
>> necessary to start the frontend with any additional logging parameters
>> as we've already determined there's nothing there to help us.
>
> Actually, start the frontend like this to enable more logging within the
> library:
>
> UDFREAD_TRACE=1 mythfrontend
>
> Richard
>
> .

Here is the stdout/stderr output from the UDF library:
udfread TRACE: ECMA 167 Volume, BEA01
udfread TRACE: ECMA 167 Volume, NSR02
udfread LOG  : Found Anchor Volume Descriptor Pointer from lba 256
udfread TRACE: reading Volume Descriptor Sequence at lba 32, len 32768 bytes
udfread LOG  : Primary Volume Descriptor in lba 32
udfread LOG  : Partition Descriptor in lba 34
udfread LOG  :   partition 0 at lba 665, 4097670 blocks
udfread LOG  : Logical volume descriptor in lba 35
udfread LOG  : Found UDF 1.02 Logical Volume
udfread LOG  : File Set Descriptor location: partition 0 lba 0 (len 4096)
udfread LOG  : Volume Identifier: THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA
udfread LOG  : Partition map count: 1
udfread TRACE: map 0: type 1
udfread LOG  : partition map: 0: type 1 partition, ref 0
udfread TRACE: reading root directory fsd from part 0 lba 0
udfread TRACE: reading metadata from part 0 lba 0
udfread LOG  : root directory in part 0 lba 2
udfread TRACE: file entry size 2048 bytes
udfread TRACE: reading metadata from part 0 lba 2
udfread TRACE: reading metadata from part 0 lba 3
udfread TRACE: directory size 536 bytes
udfread ERROR: unexpected tag 0 in directory file
udfread ERROR: error reading root directory