[mythtv-users] Can't access 6544 over port forward

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 21:04:11 UTC 2017

On 10/02/2017 07:33 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Can I update this setting in the DB?  I don't see that setting in the
> settings table in the DB.
>
> Can I update this setting in config.xml?
>
> I'm away from home and can't get to mythtv-setup.
I always prefer to update settings using the standard GUI method. If you
are running Linux on your remote laptop and can ssh to your home system
then you can run the setup or frontend remotely (see
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ssh_Forwarding). If you are running windows
on your remote system you can install xrdp on your mythtv system and
then log in with Windows Remote Desktop. (that will require opening
another port or using an ssh forwarding setting).

The relevant entry in the settings table is (if your hostname is andromeda):

value, data, hostname
'AllowConnFromAll', '1', 'andromeda'

Peter