[mythtv-users] UStream HLS stream recording/live TV not working anymore

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 29 23:40:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 17:18:13 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have been recording TWiT via their UStream HLS stream (http://iphone-streaming.ustream.tv/uhls/1524/streams/live/iphone/playlist.m3u8) for some time, but it looks like it stopped working properly a couple of weeks ago [late October, early November]. For info this is setup as an IPTV recorder.I am not able to watch Live TV or even record anything on this stream. This started on a 0.28 install and I thought I would move to a fresh 29 install, which did not resolve the issue.Is any of you able to reproduce / facing the issue by any change? I don't have the logs handy here, but by looking at them, it looks like the backend can't find a lock. It does seem to keep downloading the HLS files until the Live TV or Recording is stopped though.
>Thank you for your help!
>Teddy

Does that URL work from other devices still?  From VLC?  I tried it
from VLC on my Windows PC, and while it did start playing, every time
it came to a new chunk, the window size changed, as though it was
having a problem working out a bandwidth that would work, and
sometimes it replayed the same chunk instead of a new one, causing a
gap.

I have gigabit fibre connection, so it should have been able to play
at the highest bandwidth.  But the ping times are usually a bit high
from New Zealand and that can cause problems on occasion.