[mythtv-users] Replacemnt for HDPVR

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Nov 28 19:20:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, David Hampton wrote:

> The HDHomeRun Prime with a CableCard can replace both the HDPVR and the
> Motorola 6200.  On the up side, the cable card rental is half the price
> of a stb, supports three tuners, and there are no tuning issues.

In/with my area/provider, the monthly cost of an m-card was slightly more
than the monthly rental fee for a DTA. The monthly fee for a more capable
STB'ish device like you may be referring to would have been more than the
monthly cost of an m-card, though. If I may be permitted, I have an HDHR
Prime with which I did some experimentation, ultimately finding that it
did not suit my needs: I am now looking to sell it, if the OP or anyone
on-list will be interested. Please contact me privately if you wish to
discuss this further and to make an offer.