[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi audio centre and sub swapped

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 22:03:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I recently tried to start watching the BBC's Blue Planet 2, but
unfortunately I have a problem with the audio. It's broadcast in 6 channel
AAC which my onkyo can't decode, so for the first time I'm using
multichannel PCM.

Front left and right, and rear left and right all work fine. The centre and
sub woofer are swapped though, which doesn't do David Attenborough's voice
any favours. I can confirm this using the speaker test screen, which also
uses multichannel PCM.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi and OpenMax audio. Is there any way to correct the
channel mapping? I suspect I might be able to use the vcgencmd
hdmi_channel_map command, but I've no idea how to generate the correct
value.

Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew