[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 22:59:25 UTC 2017

On 11/24/2017 03:18 PM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> Yup! Me again!  Trying to figure out SchedulesDirect is being blocked. Noticed in /etc/hosts on the Backend I have "192.168.0.13 MythBE1", which
> is the correct IP and name but for whatever reason in  this machine (the one I'm typing on and has no connection with the MythTV systems) it's
> "127.0.1.1       Lenovo-M58".
>
> Probably nothing, especially as Firefox and Chromium work fine on that Backend.  Just looking for possibilities.

Go to their forum. Here's an example:

     http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2938

Note Robert's comment about resetting anyone's login after it's
blocked. [and how often it takes to get blocking put on]

Make sure you don't have some bizarre cron entry doing things too
often.

Open a thread and you'll get pretty good response.

Did I understand in a earlier post here that you can run mythfilldatabase
OK from one host, but not in another? If so, are they using the same WAN
IP? The Private Network IPs 192.168 etc. don't matter.

--
Bill