[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 17:52:24 UTC 2017

Hi Stinga!

> I use an old version of linhes, do I have to run my grabber on another
> box from cron like so:
>
> 30 00 * * * /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_sd_json --config-file
> ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_sd_json.conf? --output /backup/mythtv/sd.xml
>
> My config is in ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_sd_json.conf, maybe have a look in the
> .xmltv directories.

Thanks!  ...Not seeing anything.  Did a "locate xmltv | grep -i conf"
and get "/usr/share/xmltv/tv_augment/augment.conf"  plus several
"/usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_[etc.] -- I'm in the U.S. and guessing
those are for United Kingdom locations.  OK: the augment.conf also
appears to point to these UK files.  {I'm soooo confused!!]

...Did a "locate xmltv | grep -i json"  and it came up with nothing

> or on mythbe1
> lynxhttp://dd.schedulesdirect.org/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService
> if you have lynx installed
> It will prompt for username password and if you connect you will get an
> error:
> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
>
> Wrong credentials will give 40 error:
> description This request requires HTTP authentication ().

Don't have 'lynx' installed here; can install via command line. At this
point no idea what it is but appears would verify I am unable to connect
properly.  (I hope that didn't come out wrong!)

> Email:stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com   o
> You need only two tools.        o /////
> A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
> doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
> the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
> shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\

Trying to resist use of the hammer in frustration with my
mythfildatabase issue! <g>

Thanks!

Barry