[mythtv-users] Livetv stutter

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu Nov 23 14:48:19 UTC 2017

 ---- On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 21:06:43 +0000 Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > On 11/21/2017 03:36 PM, Tim Draper wrote:
 > > urrently unable to login to mythtv TRAC (seems to server side 'login' page issues) be a so figure i'll ask here.
 > Only developers can log in. Anybody can open a ticket or post a comment
 > without logging in - just click "Preferences" at the top of the page and
 > fill in your name and email address, than add comments to the ticket.
 > Once you have added a comment with your email address you will be copied
 > on all further comments.
 > > i've just seen the trac update (didn't get an email, even though i'm CC'd in) asking for someone to check it on an affected system. I'm willing to do it but i'm not 100% sure on how to apply it.
 > >
 > > patch is at:https://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/12318/20171108_%2312318_stutter.patch
 > >
 > > what do i need todo to get this applied? It'll be the first time i'm applying a .patch file.
 > > i currently run repo fixes/29, so i guess i first need to move an affected FE over to git master branch?
 > You can apply the patch to fixes/29. If you are running fixes/29 I do
 > not recommend connecting a master FE to it, rather apply the patch to
 > fixes/29.
 >
 > If you have pulled the source from github, then before running configure
 > run
 > git apply /path/filename.patch
 > from the source directory
 >
 > The other way to do it if the git apply has problems, is
 > cd to the base source directory, e.g. mythproject/mythtv (not
 > mythproject/mythtv/mythtv from which you run the configure and make)
 > then
 > patch -p1 /path/filename.patch
 >
 > run git status to check - you should see a few file changes listed
 > to cancel the patch and get back to the main git source version - git
 > checkout .
 >
 > I hope you can confirm the patch fixes the problem - I am not going to
 > commit the patch unless somebody confirms that.
 >
 > Peter

bad news... since i reinstalled my FE on a new distro, it's no longer doing it, so cant really test it. I keep trying to get it to fail on the FE i was having issues with. could of also been related to upgrading all mythtv components to fixes/29 from fixes/28.
fwiw, the FE i was having issues with was on mythbuntu 12.04 LTS & distro-sync upgrade to 16.04 LTS which both experienced the issue. i moved over to centos7 using the wiki info and no problems. (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_RHEL/CentOS#RHEL_7.x)
i wonder if it's a distro issue rather than anything else. too much has changed for me to be sure.

i've not tried/recall having issues with HD livetv on my rpi3 (should be able to confirm that over the next few days) but I'd expect you, Peter, to have see issues in your extensive rpi work.