[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 23:46:52 UTC 2017

Hi Bill!

>>> Do this for ALL Video Sources that use Schedules Direct.
>> Above is via mythtv-setup -- will have to do that after the soaps record -- and I don't watch but.....? (So will get back on that later this
>> afternoon.)? Have checked one or two sources prior and the user name is correct, password is hidden but typed in manually and appears to be the
>> same length.? There is an issue where a few entries from the bottom of that page the "pc:52722" blanks after the password updating.? The field
>> has to do with SchedulesDirect and should be an auto-fill by them.
> You can get the information from the Services API too, using a browser:
>
>       yourBackend:6544/Channel/GetVideoSourceList
>
> The password(s) will be in clear text.

Very clear!!  Always nice to check to be sure the system is sending out
what I think it is -- years ago managed to get an unseen character in a
password.  I did see something a little odd (I blanked out my username
and password):

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it. The document tree is shown below.

-<VideoSourceList version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
   <AsOf>2017-11-22T22:02:29Z</AsOf>
   <Version>0.28.20161120-1</Version>
   <ProtoVer>88</ProtoVer>
  -<VideoSources>
    -<VideoSource>
       <Id>1</Id>
       <SourceName>Antenna</SourceName>
       <Grabber>schedulesdirect1</Grabber>
       <UserId>barryxxxxx</UserId>
       <FreqTable>default</FreqTable>
       <LineupId>PC:52722</LineupId>
       <Password>xxxxxxxxxxxxx</Password>
       <UseEIT>false</UseEIT>
       <ConfigPath/> /*<== ??*/
       <NITId>-1</NITId>
     </VideoSource>
   </VideoSources>
  </VideoSourceList>

Think I have the indentations correct -- copied in as one long line.
Shouldn't make any difference for what we want to verify.

I added the "??":  that ConfigPath statement doesn't look right even to
this amateur!

...I need to check out Mike's suggestions for the "com.ubuntu.Upstart
does not exist".