[mythtv-users] event when recording deleted?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 22 13:49:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 08:22:50 -0500, you wrote:

>I have hooked into both of the BE's deleted and expired events and get
>an e-mail when either happens.
>
>I seem to get one or the other -- with no rhyme or reason as to which I
>get -- when a recording is physically removed from disk.  I don't get
>any event when a recording is moved to the Deleted group by way of
>being deleted by the FE.
>
>Is this the expected behaviour?
>
>Cheers,
>b.

In the past when I looked at these events, you got a Deleted event
when a recording was moved to the Deleted group, and an Expired event
when a recording was actually deleted from the disk and database.  But
looking at my mother's MythTV box (v29) which has both of these events
logged, it looks like it does not work like that now - so I think
there must be a bug.