[mythtv-users] Multi Episodes in a Single Recording

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 03:44:04 UTC 2017

On 11/18/2017 08:49 PM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've run into this issue a few years ago and I am starting to go down
> the archiving path again.  Whenever there are multiple episodes in a
> single file, MythTV doesn't put the Season/Episode numbers in.  So,
> for example:
>
> Title: Back at the Barnyard
> Subtitle: Barnyard Idol; The Haunting
>
> It should be S01E31 and S01E32, but the tvdb filler script doesn't
> find it because of the semi-colon in the episodes.
>
> Now I could remove everything after the semicolon and have it find
> S01E31...  But before I do this, I was wondering if I could just add
> another line to the program table that has everything as the original
> but just split into two subtitles.
>
> Thanks!
One thing you can do - If you are in the USA, switch to the json grabber
and use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite (see
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Setup_with_tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite) .
Season and episode numbers are filled in by the grabber. You can skip
the metadata download. If you do run the metadata download and it does
not find the season and episode, it keeps the one it got from the grabber.

In the case of double episodes, it gives you the season and number of
the first of the two, which I think is what you want.