[mythtv-users] new FE setup 'search'/autodiscovery requirements

Lee Whitty lee.whitty at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 14:51:50 UTC 2017

I had a similar issue when upgrading to v29. I ran mythtvsetup on the
back end, but didn't change any settings. After that, the FEs would
connect. I do notice that it does take slightly longer for the FEs to
connect with this version, but it's not a big deal. I'm using the
compiled version of mythtv provided by Fedora.

I was running Fedora 26 when this happened. I have since upgraded the
FEs to Fedora 27 and all works well. I plan to upgrade the BE next
weekend. Both versions of Fedora provide mythtv v29.

-Lee