[mythtv-users] Desperate: Help with ir-keytable and IguanaIR

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 20:41:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017, Tom Dexter wrote:

> ir-keytable
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
>        Driver iguanair, table rc-empty
>        Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO RC-5-SZ
> SHARP XMP other
>        Enabled protocols: NEC
>        Name: IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver v
>        bus: 3, vendor/product: 1781:0938, version: 0x0000
>        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
>        Driver serial_ir, table rc-empty
>        Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO RC-5-SZ
> SHARP XMP other
>        Enabled protocols:
>        Name: Serial IR type home-brew
>        bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
>        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
>
> The first one is the iguana of course. As you see, NEC protocol is
> enabled, which I did with:
>
> echo nec > /sys/class/rc/rc1/protocols

I have an IguanaIR that is sort of working with ir-keytable. I had to
select the RC5 protocol. It was unresponsive with all of the other
protocols.

I say it's "sort of" working because with my remotes it has a really
annoying issue with repeated IR events. That is, if I very briefly press a
remote button, every once in a while repeated events will pass through to
mythfrontend. If I set up LIRC to work with devinput, the repeats are no
longer an issue, but I'd like to not use LIRC because it tends to not
restart after I wake the PC (a ZOTAC ZBOX) from suspend, and when LIRC
doesn't come back to life I have to stop mythfrontend, restart LIRC, and
start mythbackend back up. Upshot: I've been using a wireless USB keyboard
instead of an IR remote to control mythfrontend.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick
d-ulrick at comcast.net