[mythtv-users] duplicating a mythtv system, sort of

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Nov 14 01:00:10 UTC 2017

On Nov 13, 2017, at 3:34 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com<mailto:hobbes1069 at gmail.com>> wrote:

I'd be interested in what you end up with...

My plan for when I get my travel trailer is to get a Roku and a large external hard drive and just copy what I want over, including recordings after creating meaningful names with mythlink.pl<http://mythlink.pl/> and just using a Roku media player app...

Thanks,
Richard

one thing I have done for entertainment while camping is build a collection of old classic shows like we get on MeTV like MASH, Hogan’s Hero, and Star Trek.  I run these though a User Job after checking and editing the commercial flags and then take the output of the job and put them on a USB key to take along.  I have a Sony entertainment system in the RV that plays USB movies or Blu-rays.  The script I got from the mythtv forum.

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1261

Jim A