[mythtv-users] Live TV fast forward jumps immediately to live after a pause.

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Nov 12 18:00:23 UTC 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 12:58 AM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> True, but you can always use the "End xxx minutes late" option to set
> a couple of extra hours of recording beyond when the EPG says it will
> finish.

This is pretty much what I always do with sporting events. It may not
require two hours, but the idea of adding extra time is what works.

The new Comcast DVR's do have the ability to keep recording until the event
actually ends, but to implement that requires access to guide data that is
updated on the fly. MythTV doesn't have access to that kind of guide data,
at least not if you are using mythfilldatabase periodic runs as the means
to update your guide.

--Greg