[mythtv-users] BE 2 - Remote Frontends Sluggish on FF

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 16:49:45 UTC 2017

Hi Folks!

Follow-up to my previous post where got Error 1044 and then Error 1064.

Got slightly brave and retried:

> mysql -u mythtv -p
Thought maybe I had misentered the password as it is blind typing
>    use mythconverg;
>    delete from settings where hostname='savaidh';
>    source savaidh.sql
>    quit

Same error on first line.  Tried using connect mythconverg; for the
first line -- went though (no error).

delete from settings where hostname='T61';

==> Gave "Query OK. 152 rows affected (0.00 sec)

source T61.sql

==>   Gave  a series of "Query OK, 0 rows affected" with usually 0.00
sec but occasionally a 0.01 sec.  (Figure right as the T61 is at 3.0
GHz.)   There was one line of "Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning"
followed three lines later  with (first line) "Query OK, 151 rows
affected (0.00 sec)" and then second line: "Records: 151 Duplicates: 0
Warnings: 0".  Several lines more of "Query  OK, 0 rows affected" and
then at the mysql prompt, I enter 'quit' and get back to the system prompt

Now of the good news: the T61 (my laptop) does seem to react a lot
better -- still about a half-second to one second pause when hitting the
 > key for Fast Forwarding (less of a pause if don't hit the > as many
times to increase the Fast Forward speed.  The better news is the Fast
Forward action is a lot better!! :)   Much-much snappier -- probably
because whatever parameter controls that was copied from the old
system.  And the 'rewind a bit when hitting pause to stop the FF" is
reasonable:  20x FF gave a 14 second rewind -- _much_ better than the
sometimes two minute remind

So looks like the correction has been made.  Do I need to do the same
for the other Frontends -- substituting the various Frontend names for
the hostname up there?

TIA!
Barry