[mythtv-users] 'xrandr --auto' on resume

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Nov 10 00:06:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 16:40:12 -0500, you wrote:

>In the past I have had to change to a different terminal and back after
>resume to get everything to redisplay. No having to do anything else,
>just ran it in my pm script after resuming.  I used to actually killall
>the frontend before suspend, then rerun after the switch to vt1 and back
>to vt7 to get everything working... dont know if you tried that, buried
>in old wiki somewhere I think.

If this is with an Nvidia card, then that problem can usually be
overcome by using nvidia-settings to save a copy of the EDID data so
that it can be used when the monitor or TV is off or detached.  This
tells you how to do that:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3571/~/managing-a-display-edid-on-linux

That page does miss that you need to be running nvidia-settings as
root (or sudo) to save the EDID data to a suitable place like /etc/X11
which is only accessible by root.  And nvidia-config must be run as
root or sudo to modify /etc/X11/xorg.conf.