[mythtv-users] Load goes through the roof at times since installing 29

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:07:47 UTC 2017

Okay, latest mythtv 29 on Xubuntu 16.04. Upgraded a few weeks ago via a
clean install from .27 on Mythbuntu 12.04.

Same hardware I've been running MythTV on since 2011. 2 Gig of RAM. 2
recording drives. 1 OS/DB drive.

Since installing 29 I get frequent load spikes that make the system
unusable. As I type I have three recording going and my system is going
over 20 in top's load. Under .27 it wouldn't break a sweat. It's a two core
system and I only allow one job at a time. Only job running right now is a
commflag on one of the recordings.

Even when it's not spiking this high, entering and exiting a recording can
take 30+ seconds. I've included a snap of top. But where should I be
looking? Or what info should I post here? Again I've been running since
April 2011 and have never seen this load issue.

Thanks!