[mythtv-users] RFC Videos

lists lists at timeforabrew.com
Sat May 6 13:57:43 UTC 2017

---- On Sat, 06 May 2017 14:21:43 +0100 hikavdh at gmail.com wrote ----

Hoi Hika,

Saturday, May 6, 2017, 2:22:04 PM, you wrote:

> Hoi James,

> Saturday, May 6, 2017, 1:00:42 PM, you wrote:

>> Greetings Everybody

>> before I file a ticket I request comments:

>> I recorded a Great British Railway Journeys of duration 1/2 hour.
>> Because my Samsung TV chokes on .ts files I mv'd it to Movies/GBRJ.mp4
>> and watched with uPnP without issue
>> After watching I removed the file and scanned for changes

>> A week later I recorded an episode of 1 hour.
>> I repeated the mv and scanned.

>> On watching at the 1/2 hour point playback stopped. I repeated the
>> watching, skipped to minute 29 and after 1 minute (at the same point)
>> playback stopped.
>> I repeated the watching, skipped to minute 31 and watched to the end (at
>> 1 hour point) (all times slightly adjusted for record extra time settings)

>> I've not spelunked through the database or src but it seems that the
>> namespace GBRJ.mp4 was used and remembered even when scanning again and
>> of different duration.

>> Anyone ?

>> James

>> PS the samsung suits my wife, it is not my normal frontend.

> Have you checked out the file with VLC or so?
> Also try rebuilding the seektables.

After transcoding you always should rebuild those seektables. I have a
default userjob set:
mythcommflag --rebuild %FILE% -V %VERBOSELEVEL%
from the time of my PVR500 that needed a rebuild on any recording.

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

James,
How did you remove the original file?
I'm sat in a car-park with a very rusty memory, so I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that on the odd occasion I've moved/disconnected a disk and then added it back, myth hasn't had to refetch the metadata - meaning it doesn't automatically 'forget' a video if the file is absent during a scan, in case it's a temporary absence. So if you did a filesystem delete, then what you experienced is by design.
Removing it via mythvideo is probably a more complete removal of both file and associated data. If that's what you did anyways, then I'd be a bit thrown too!
Rick