[mythtv-users] mythtv-status

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 3 10:06:56 UTC 2017

On 05/03/2017 05:41 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> I recently discovered what I think must be a bug in the 0.28 MythTV
> Perl bindings, which might be affecting mythtv-status (I have not
> looked its code to see).
>
> If you do this:
>
>    $myth = new MythTV();
>
> it fails to connect.
>
> If you do this:
>
>    $myth = new MythTV({'connect' => 0});
>
> it does work.  I do not know Perl at all, so I have no idea what is
> going on.  I just happened to be trying to use some code that uses the
> MythTV Perl bindings and worked this out by comparing some code that
> was working in optimize_mythdb with the code that was not working.

That argument simply tells the bindings not to connect to the
backend--which means you can only then use the database, which doesn't
have a lot of information (some of which mythtv-status uses).  So it's
back to what Andrew said--you need to fix your bindings to be able to
connect to the backend.  See his previous post.

Mike