[mythtv-users] recent 0.27 to 0.28 upgrade and now playback gets to a point where it slows to a crawl

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:57:15 UTC 2017

On the system I have built for my parents we recently upgraded them
from 0.27 to 0.28. There's a master backend with frontend on one
system and then 5 remote frontends throughout the house. All the
systems are running Ubuntu 14.04 and MythTV from the ubuntu MythTV
PPA.

The system ran fine under 0.27, but now under 0.28 playback of both
live TV and recordings will play fine for a while, but eventually hit
a point where it will slow to a crawl, similar to slow-motion. If we
do a jump back or jump forward everything starts playing fine again.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? I wasn't able to
find anything in searching this list but might just be using the wrong
search phrase.

thanks!

--
Steve