[mythtv-users] mythconverg database server migration

Erik Karlin e_karlin at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 18:27:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 06:16:52PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > ....  It is interesting, though, that the mysql
> > client (or server), didn't just error out and tell you that there was no
> > space on the disk...
>
> I try to avoid running out of disk space, but as I
> recall (at least some versions of) mysql just kept
> trying again and again (with a message to the logs
> every few minutes about the disk full) and
> will not return to the app until it finishes (or the
> connection is terminated).  Persistence is a
> virtue (sometimes).

Looking at my logs, I now do see:

2017-03-23 12:09:36 6942 [Warning] Disk is full writing './mythconverg/recordedseek.MYD' (Errcode: 28 - No space left on device). Waiting for someone to free space...
2017-03-23 12:09:36 6942 [Warning] Retry in 60 secs. Message reprinted in 600 secs

but the mysql command just waits and waits, and the log message is just a Warning, right?

The last time this happened my recordings were failing and diagnosing
the problem was quick and mostly straightforward. This time, it was a
new server with no other clients running. I just assumed that I hadn't
configured something correctly and just let it run.

Ah well, at least I'll know for next time that 5 days to load a database
is not even close to correct.