[mythtv-users] mythconverg database server migration

Erik Karlin e_karlin at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 13:57:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:32:58AM +0000, Mark Perkins wrote:

> ..snip..
> > It should have completed long ago.  Something is wrong with your system
> > and/or MySQL configuration.  Even if you let it run to completion, you'll
> > probably have terrible performance once it's loaded because whatever is
> > slowing the restore will slow the DBMS, itself.  So you really need to identify
> > and fix the configuration issue that's slowing your MySQL.
> >
> > The unfortunate thing is, though, that identifying the configuration issue is
> > going to be a challenge (read, "will take lots of systematic trial and error--or a
> > lucky guess by you or someone on list").
> >
> > Mike
>

> Would something like mysqltuner.pl help diagnose? I don't recall the OS of the OP but I think it ships with Ubuntu so something like:
> sudo apt-get install mysqltuner
> sudo mysqltuner
>
> may generate something.

I'm on an up-to-date debian jessie. I've since killed the database load
but haven't had a chance to dig any further. I know I've not made any
changes to the mysql configs but I do see mysqltuner in the debian repo.
I will have a look at it. Hopefully it doesn't require a database
already loaded to tune. Probably does though.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!