[mythtv-users] UK Freeview scanning broken?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 24 13:10:56 UTC 2017

On 24/03/17 12:41, Justin Hornsby wrote:

> Has anyone any idea how this could happen?  As I understand it, this
> should only happen if there's a 'conflict' between a newly scanned
> channel & an existing one.  But having deleted all existing channels
> before another scan how could this be?

Multiple transmitters would do the same.
Pontop Pike is very close to Selkirk, where there have been big changes.
I realise the tuned scan failed. Have you tried a scan from existing
transports ?
1. Delete all channels
2. Edit Transports & cross-check freq against Pontop Pike/ukfree. Delete
('D' key) any unknown ones (from Selkirk ?)
3. Scan from existing transports. Don't tick the 'use other transports'.

Also, mythtv-setup will spew out scan logging that may be helpfull.