[mythtv-users] notify but don't record

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Mar 23 04:27:37 UTC 2017

  I'm sure this is probably fairly easy with the right mysql voodoo, but for me
to dig into the right tables, etc, and figure this would be time consuming, and
someone might know (or at least point me) mostly in the right direction.

Background:  I have OTA and slingtv.  I had actually hacked something to record
slingtv via mythtv (hdmi -> component -> hdpvr, + scripts to change the roku).
This worked pretty good.  But slingtv has added their DVR feature now, so might
as well use that.

  However, the DVR feature is not nearly as capable as mythtv, and more
annoying, sometimes recordings I've set up disappear.

  What I'm doing right now is setting up those recordings in mythtv, and
periodically looking at the upcoming recordings, making sure that the slingtv is
set to record them, and then manually tell mythtv to skip that recording.

  What I would like to do is query the SQL database for the recordings coming up
soon (next 3 days), and mark those as skipped for the slingtv.  I'd run this out
of a cron job and have it send me e-mail - then I just double check that slingtv
is doing what I want to do.

  So if someone can point me in the right direction on this, I'd appreciate it.