[mythtv-users] Zoneminder - how to setup

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Mar 21 18:58:04 UTC 2017

On 21/03/17 06:52, Garth Kirkwood wrote:
> I have just got my first camera a D-Link DCS-2630L and it is a lovely
> camera however I can't get it to work with Zoneminder. I can use ONVIF
> on Windows and it finds the camera without issue, however my ZM install
> returns a error status of "2".
>

> Adding a monitor I can do that but no matter what settings I set I can't
> seem to get a picture. I am using LinHES as my Myth install.
>

> Googling I have seen settings for similar cameras, but nothing I can see
> actually tells me where to put these settings or how to change the
> camera to match what is required.
>

> Does anyone know where I can find a simple step by step or can tell me
> which configure files to change to get my camera working?
>

> Thanks
>

> Girkers

That appears to be an IP camera so you would have to set it up as a
network camera in ZoneMinder.

These look similar camera's to what you have so these setting should
work. https://wiki.zoneminder.com/D-Link#DCS-2210_and_DCS-2230

Assuming you have a basic ZoneMinder system setup you would use a
browser to enter the ZoneMinder interface so for example browse to
http://192.168.1.30:80/zm - change the address to suit your setup. If
ZoneMinder is setup on the same computer you might have to use something
like http://localhost:80/zm instead.

Enter your zoneminder username and password to log in.
Click on add monitor and on the popup dialog enter the details shown on
the wiki page above. You would have to choose which config to use either
H.264 or MJPEG I think will work with that camera.

There's plenty of documentation here :-
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/stable/userguide/index.html

Paul H.