[mythtv-users] Metadata lookup failing status 140 on first run only

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 01:10:17 UTC 2017

On 03/19/2017 06:43 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:

> 2017-03-20 09:34:50.975480 N [17533/17577] Expire autoexpire.cpp:251 (CalcParams) - AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free Space: 7.0 GB w/freq: 14 min
>
> There appear to be no completion messages logged by default but mythweb now shows Status: Finished. Comments: Metadata Lookup Complete.
>
> It is obviously a very low impact issue because, other than some red error lines in mythweb, the failure is invisible because everything updates correctly despite the reported failure. But it is curious.
>
> Any suggestions or guidance greatly appreciated.

I'd look in mythmetadatalookup.log for the actual command that was run, e.g.:

     ... Running Grabber: /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l xx -a xx -C xxxxx

Then run that command from the command line maybe even include the --debug option.
You can even append:   ;echo $?   to the command line to see the code that would
be returned to mythmetadatalookup.

It appears that 140 (GENERIC_EXIT_KILLED) replaces all status codes except GENERIC_EXIT_TIMEOUT
in mythsystemunix.

I'm wondering if that's masking the true error. Running the grabber from the command line should tell.

--
Bill