[mythtv-users] mythbackend - undefined symbol

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Mar 17 15:55:24 UTC 2017

On 07/03/17 13:45, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 07/03/17 12:56, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:44 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've looked in the build log and see nothing like this.  Ideas?
>>
>> Some likely causes are either somewhere there is
>> a (now obsolete) libmyth<x> library somewhere
>> (perhaps installed manually during some other
>> testing process), or (less likely) the install did not
>> place the new(er) libmyth<x> in the appropriate
>> library path.
>
> Thanks.  That could be it.  I briefly had a non-rpm based 'standard'
> installation which didn't get completely purged.  I'll investigate - but
> maybe not immediately.
>
> And thanks to David for the 'mangling' info.
>
> John

I'm back at the keyboard again, and the rpmfusion-derived build (for
Fedora 24 x86_84) appears to be working.  Fiddling with the 'shared
library' stuff (roughly) as set out in the 'build from source' wiki left
the symbol still undefined and the system out of action - but deleting
the older binary files from /usr/local/bin allows the rpm-installed
versions in /usr/bin to do their thing.

Is there an inverse of 'make install' ?

John