[mythtv-users] [mythtv-theming] Theme update via MythTV theme chooser

jaham at gmx.net jaham at gmx.net
Sun Mar 12 17:35:23 UTC 2017

On Sonntag, 12. März 2017 17:46:13 CET Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 03/12/2017 09:50 AM, jaham at gmx.net wrote:
> > Yes I think the latter happened. I run a combined BE/FE of MythTV
> > fixes/0.28 and yesterday it displayed a message that version 2.90 of the
> > Monochrome theme is available. So I assumed the theme chooser pulls form
> > the wrong branch. At least it has got somehow the wrong version number.
> >
> > Ciao Jan
>
> Hi Jan
>
> I had this problem before, and it was caused by building MythTV from a
> different git branch than fixes/0.28. If you are building yourself and
> your git branch is named differently (or if your package builder had a
> different named git branch), it defaults to pull the theme from master
> (know as "trunk" in the themes system).
>
> Check by running mythfrontend --version, see if it says "MythTV Branch :
> fixes/0.28". If it says anything else, that could be your problem.

Hi Peter...

I am using the official ArchLinux packages. However mythfrontend version says:
MythTV Version : 3543e74
MythTV Branch : tag: v0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.7.0

So that might indeed be the reason as you suspected. If that is not a general
problem for users, than I can live with that. I had the fear that the wrong
version is advertised to users.

Ciao Jan