[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Myth Frontend on Raspberry Pi?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:06:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-09 03:32 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> On 09/03/17 05:21, Tom Harris wrote:
>> There are a bunch of threads, files, etc. for getting mythfrontend
>> running on a Raspberry Pi.  But, some of them appear no longer
>> maintained/updated.
>> So, I'm wondering what's the current recommendation for a Pi frontend
>> deployment.
>>
>> Is there a flash img which is pre-configured as a frontend?
>> Anyt frontend I can install on a media OS like OpenElec / LibreElec?
>>
> I use mythtv-light on raspbian jessie operating system for Raspberry Pi
> 3 which gives the usual mythfrontend see:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Light
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
>
> An alternative is LibreELEC  which uses Kodi and pvr.mythtv addon see:
>
> https://libreelec.tv/
>
> Mike

The Mythfrontend version must match the Mythbackend version (for example
0.28.x).  The above MythTV.org links include official support for
Raspberry Pi with MythTV 0.28.x, and unofficial support for MythTV 0.27.x.

If you happen to be running Mythbackend 0.27.x, I wrote a tutorial on
how to set up a Raspberry Pi 2/3 using the Raspbian Jessie OS and a
pre-compiled tarball.

Setting Up an Inexpensive Raspberry Pi 2 as a Cheap Frontend to MythTV
with MythFrontend
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend

Curtis