[mythtv-users] Setup without/without multirec and capturecard ids?

Yeechang Lee ylee at columbia.edu
Mon Mar 6 02:43:26 UTC 2017

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> One thing I've been meaning to test regarding these multiple entries
> per physical card...maybe someone knows this: If I have, for
> example, card id 1 and 2 for the same physical tuner, and the system
> is recording on card id 1, LiveTV would in fact let me switch to
> card 2.  If I do that, can it inadvertently end up changing the
> channel (to a completely different multiplex for example) thus
> screwing up the recording?

No. When using card 2 with Live TV, the system won't let you change
from the same channel that card 1 is already using. "Channel" includes
ATSC subchannels; if card 1 is recording from 11.1, card 2 will be
able to switch to 11.1, 11.2, and 11.3, but not 9.1 or 4.2.

--
Frontend:		Apple MacBook Pro 2012 2.6GHz and 1TB SSD
Backend:		HP Microserver N40L 1.5GHz and 9.0TB JBOD