[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 17:01:36 UTC 2017

Hi Hika

On 03/05/2017 11:39 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> exactly!
>
> I was in the back of my mind thinking of ways to incorporate that
> automatically in a rule, but I see no direct way to do that in SQL.
> On the other hand I don't think it would be that difficult to create a
> checkable option to include a second program of the same name that is
> separated by say max 3 other titles and max 1 hour. I think next to
> movies this would also be applicable to sports events.
> Does anybody more into those things see any possibilities?
>
> Tot mails,
>    Hikamailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Fortunately the schedules information in the USA is very accurate. If
anything is split into two parts it comes up as two different episodes
and everything is recorded correctly. So I have never seen the problem
that was described. The one problem we do have is where sports events
overrun and the programs that come after them are late. This I solve
with adding an extra hour or even two hours to a recording rule.

Peter