[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sun Mar 5 13:27:20 UTC 2017

On 05/03/17 13:04, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Are you sure it's not just a case of the film being shown in 2 parts?
>
> ITV3 have a habit of showing part one of a film then showing some media
> news type program then following that part 2 of the film. It's possible
> Myth thinks the second part is a repeat an so doesn't record it.

That hadn't occurred to me.

Then I can't think of a better remedy than to take better care when
creating the recording rule.

Unless a clever option could be created to compare the guide time to the
published film length and flag possible programming problems if the
guide time seems too short (in a similar manner as program conflicts).
It could produce a large number of false positives.

Regards

Jeff