[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sat Mar 4 15:58:36 UTC 2017

My MythTV set-up is working well, except for occasional recordings being
cut off before the end.

Sometimes, e.g. due to interference, the backend recognises this and
marks the recording with a yellow dot. Fair enough.

Sometimes, however, this does not happen, and I end up with the
WAF-reducing situation of a film with the end missing.

As we tend to watch things long after they were recorded, this only gets
noticed after the logs have been rotated out, which makes it difficult
to diagnose.

It does bring me to the question, though, does the "yellow dot" detector
not compare the length of the recording with the schedule? If not, why
not? Could this be added to the detection algorithm?

Regards

Jeff