[mythtv-users] IPTV HTTP Streaming

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Mar 3 13:50:45 UTC 2017

On 28/02/17 20:33, John Corps wrote:
> That's what I am using, I just compiled from latest version. Just seems
> strange, I can take the original url and put in my browser and it
> redirects me the the url with the token in it so I would assume myth
> would follow this but always getting the  "E  IsHLSPlaylist - Open
> Failed: timed-out" then it lists the original URL and not the redirected
> one.

run tcpdump and capture the 2 conversations.
the one that works and the one that fails.

as others have suggested there are potentially headers that are missing
from the redirected request that must be included in order for the
remote server to deliver content.

token based url's are pretty common these days. the username and passwd
combination request gives you back the url which includes a time limited
token. Once this token expires, the url will no longer deliver the
requested content.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie