[mythtv-users] Failing HDHR

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:50:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> ...  I replaced the PSU perhaps a year or so ago, could
> another failing PSU cause these issues?

Yes, depending on the quality of the PSU you
acquired.  And even if expensive, there are always
sample defects (you go the lemon).

Most of the more recent HDHR OTA models need
a 5V 1A supply (although do check), and for testing
you might find such a supply connected to some
other consumer device you own.

Of course, the other possibility is reception issues
(no two devices have exactly the same reception
capability), and that the tuner is at its limit, and the
PCI card still has some headroom.  Perhaps
tree leaves are intruding on the fresnel zone.
(The rule is vegetation happens in the warmer days).