[mythtv-users] BE crash

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 21:48:16 UTC 2017

On Jun 13, 2017 9:58 AM, "Peter Bennett" <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

On 06/13/2017 06:42 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

On Jun 12, 2017 9:00 PM, "Stephen Worthington" <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:23:54 -0400, you wrote:

>It's not even as bad as the subject would indicate, but I'm getting error
>messages, " an internal problem" and when I agree to submit a bug report,
>an BE crash is talked about, with an offer to relaunch, but by that time
>the BE is up and running again and no problems. Do I need to add a "sleep"
>somewhere? Or is there a more elegant solution?   TIA Daryl

When is this happening?  Only at boot time?  Or randomly?

Yes only at boot, sometimes once and sometimes twice, (error msg on top of
error msg)

Is this the Ubuntu generic error message?

If so - Sometimes those keep coming up after every reboot for the same
crash. Look in the /var/crash directory and clear out that directory to
stop the error messages if it is a one-time error that is being reported
over and over.

Yes, it is generic, and thanks for the hint, two files deleted, commflag
and backend. If I get no error messages in the next week I'll call this a
success.