[mythtv-users] How to change EPG provider

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jun 2 07:43:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm struggeling with testing (and thus changing) to a new EPG
provider. Both are provided via XMLTV and for the same (or at least
sufficiently identical) channel lineup.

I added a new data source (using SD JSON), ran mythfilldatabase, and
it correctly filled up the EPG from both sources, with the
same/similar data. It also added new duplicate channels in the
channels listing, for the new data source. I line the new channels up
with the old list, so they have the same channel number, but still the
different XMLTV IDs.

So far so good. But as soon as switch the input card to the new data
source, tuning into channels doesn't work anymore. Switching back to
the old source (and rebooting the backend) tunes fine again.

To be honest, I never understood how inserting channels into the
listing from mythfilldatabase would work, opposed to the traditional
DVB scanning. The latter was how I generated the original channel
listing, which works.

What am I missing? Are there more steps required to switch to a
different EPG provider for the same channel setup?

Thanks, Jan.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project