[mythtv-users] mysql consuming 100% CPU - help, please

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jul 28 05:58:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:56:02 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Stephen -
>
>Thanks for the suggestion.  No, I don't have it set to run daily, but
>I do run it periodically.  Here are the last couple of invocations:
>https://pastebin.com/ZJsfT5bQ
>
>I don't see any differences before or after running it.  Also, with
>multiple instances of the problem across different distributions
>(CentOS and Ubuntu) across different machines (on Liva X hardware, on
>NUC hardware, on the current bhyve vm), I'd be surprised if this was
>it.
>
>If you see anything in that log file that I should further
>investigate, or additional suggestions, I'm grateful for any pointers.
>
>Thanks
>Thomas

No, I could not see anything there that was out of the ordinary.

Have you tried manually running one of the queries that seems to be
causing trouble?

Also, do you have any partitions mounted over the network on other
boxes that are used by mythbackend?  If the mount has failed for some
reason, they can get into a state that makes mythbackend seem like it
has locked up, while it does long timeouts while trying to access
them.  Or mounted partitions that mythbackend uses that have failed to
mount and are in some strange state, such as a JFS partition that
needs to be fscked before it can mount.  I have had both of those
cause my mythbackend to fail to record and show high CPU use.