[mythtv-users] Can't start backend on Debian 9 (Stretch)

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Jul 27 21:03:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 21:19 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:

> Unfortunately, 15:42 is the time I shut down the working system before I redid the database. Apart
> from the time I ran it manually, all attempts to start or restart mythtv-backend produce exactly
> nothing. NO activity I did afterwards appears to exist in the logs, such as I could figure out of them.

Nothing in "sudo journalctl -u mythtv-backend" I suppose?

Perhaps try adding a "set -x" to the init script then doing "sudo
systemctl stop mythtv-backend" followed by start? It should spew all
the things the script is doing into that systemctl log, which might
give a hint.

Maybe try throwing in a "systemctl daemon-reload" for good measure?

There's also "systemctl force-reload mythtv-backend" it seems.

Ian.