[mythtv-users] Frontend Raspberry Pi setup issues

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:27:24 UTC 2017

So @Stefan, you were right.  I set the playback profile to openmax HQ and
it works.  I am still getting a little unsmoothness when the picture
changes a lot, but it's tolerable.  Thanks!

So I have two more questions if you guys don't mind.  First, I checked, and
it now works with wifi. iperf says the rate to port 6543 is 17.5 Mbps.  Is
that right on the edge of what's needed or is there room for the rate to go
down some?  I don't know what h.264 consumes.  I ask because I am testing
it in the middle of the day when the neighbors are at work and per @mike's
post it might not be as good later on.

Second, an option is to get a mini-pc like the MSI Cubi to run my FE on.
It has 5 ghz wifi (RPi3 only has 2.4) and more processing power (quad-core
celeron).  Do you think it would be worth the cost/effort in terms of
smoother playback and more reliable wifi bandwidth, or only a marginal
improvement?