[mythtv-users] MySQL update problems with mythconverg

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sun Jul 23 06:18:36 UTC 2017

Hi all -

Ran apt-get update/upgrade today on my 16.04/0.28-fixes system.  MySQL
server was one of several packages which were to be updated.  However,
it went through a check on the mysql and mythconverg databases and
barfed on missing tables in mythconverg.  MythTV has been running fine
as-is.  Is there a good/easy way to clean this up, as of course dpkg
won't install/update anything else until I do so.  Running dpkg
--configure -a and apt-get -f install didn't work, of course, as it's an
issue with the database.  I suppose I could monkey with the mysql-server
entry in /var/lib/dpkg/info and manually tell it to exit without an
error code, but I'd rather do it correctly.

Ideas?  Thanks very much, in advance.

Here's the tail end of the output during the attempted install:

-- Setting up mysql-server-5.7 (5.7.19-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) ...
Checking if update is needed.
Checking server version.
Running queries to upgrade MySQL server.
mysql_upgrade: (non fatal) [WARNING] 1642: Table mysql.host is not
empty. It is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
Checking system database.
mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
mysql.db                                           OK

<snip> - all mysql tables OK

mysql.time_zone_transition                         OK
mysql.time_zone_transition_type                    OK
mysql.user                                         OK
The sys schema is already up to date (version 1.5.1).
Checking databases.
Failed to run query "ALTER DATABASE `#mysql50#mythconverg.bak` UPGRADE
DATA DIRECTORY NAME"
Error: Incorrect database name '#mysql50#mythconverg.bak'
#mysql50#mythconverg.bak                           FAILED
mythconverg.archiveitems                           OK
mythconverg.bdbookmark                             OK
mythconverg.callsignnetworkmap                     OK

<snip> - many tables which were OK

mythconverg.record                                 OK
mythconverg.record_tmp
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.record_tmp' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.recorded                               OK
mythconverg.recordedartwork                        OK

mythconverg.videotypes                             OK
mythconverg.weatherdatalayout
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weatherdatalayout' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.weatherscreens
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weatherscreens' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.weathersourcesettings
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weathersourcesettings' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.websites                               OK
sys.sys_config                                     OK

Repairing tables
mythconverg.record_tmp
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.record_tmp' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.weatherdatalayout
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weatherdatalayout' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.weatherscreens
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weatherscreens' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
mythconverg.weathersourcesettings
Error    : Table 'mythconverg.weathersourcesettings' doesn't exist
status   : Operation failed
Error occurred: Error during call to mysql_check.
mysql_upgrade failed with exit status 4
dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.7 (--configure):
  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
  mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.7; however:
   Package mysql-server-5.7 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure):
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
followup error from a previous failure.

                                  Errors were encountered while
processing:
  mysql-server-5.7