[mythtv-users] HDPVR works, frontend says it's offline

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jul 22 01:15:35 UTC 2017

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 16:35:15 -0700, you wrote:

>Nope it's a clean install.
>
>On Jul 21, 2017 4:32 PM, "Mark Perkins" <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22 July 2017 2:29:57 am "DryHeat122 ." <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I just got done with a fresh install of Mythbuntu and resolving some
>> > problems with a HDPVR.  cat /dev/video0 > test.ts results in a playable
>> > file, but when I go to the frontend and look at some recordings I
>> > scheduled, it says they won't record because the player is offline.  How
>> > fix?
>> >

>> > ----------
>>
>> Is this with clean database or restored? May need to check tuner details
>> in old database are still correct for new setup. A "delete all tuners on
>> all hosts" and readding from scratch may be worthwhile.

Is mythbackend starting up before networking is fully up?  That is the
usual cause for this problem, as mythbackend will not use any tuner
that does not work when it tests it at startup.  If restarting
mythbackend fixes it, that is a good indicator that you need to adjust
mythbackend's systemd unit to make it start later.  The default setup
only waits for localhost to be up (so mysql works), not the external
interfaces needed for network tuners.  Search the archives of this
mailing list for full details on how to make the necessary changes.