[mythtv-users] Config backend for multiple frontends question

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 20:35:50 UTC 2017

Now that I have Mythbuntu upgraded to the latest version and working, I
want to try and get a remote Raspberry Pi frontend working with it.  I know
there have to be some changes in the backend and maybe some changes to
mysql.  But I'm having trouble finding a comprehensive and up-to-date guide
and have a couple of questions before I dive into this.

1.  For the backend, I need to configure a static IP and enter it into both
places (i.e. local and master backend) in the first screen of the BE
setup.  Anything else I need to do for the BE?

2.  For mysql, I found this guide
<http://www.hackourlife.com/setting-up-multiple-remote-frontend-for-an-existing-mythtv-backend/>,
but its 7 years old and I think config.xml format has changed since it was
written.  Right now the mysql portion of my config.xml looks like this:

<Database>
    <Pinghost>1</Pinghost>
    <Host>localhost</Host>
    <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
    <Password>******</Password>
    <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
    <Port>3306</Port>
</Database>

Do I need to make changes to this (for example localhost to the hard IP) or
will setup take care of it when I modify the BE settings?  Do I need to
change the grant and password like it says in that guide?  If so and I
change the password do I need to update it in the config.xml too?

3.  Any other changes needed besides BE setup and mysql?