[mythtv-users] Couple of questions on migration

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:44:07 UTC 2017

I am trying to migrate an old (12.04) Mythbuntu mythconverg to a new
(16.04) setup. I have two questions about this.

First should I restore the database after installing the new mythbunto but
before running mythtv-setup, or should I run setup first?

Second, though mysqlcheck found no problems with the old database, the
backup file appears to have some corrupted data in the recordedseek table.
There are two insert statements, one with what look like valid values,
i.e., with the form

(2025,'2016-08-01 14:00:00',126,5828752,9).

But there is a second insert statement that is fine for hundreds of values
then starts including non alphanumeric characters like:

(3008,'2017-04-#1h;0:00:0 'l9144:9 0876305648,9),(3200-'2017-04-11$2
800:00',1 4ñ=7<4x0020;2 0¨9)

I'm sure this is not right and that mysql will choke on them.  I'm
wondering what are the consequences of deleting these invalid values, i.e.
ending the insert statement at the last valid value.  I think but am not
sure that this table tracks commercial flagging so would I only lose
commercial flagging for the associated programs?