[mythtv-users] hdhr prime or fios?

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Tue Jul 18 16:51:34 UTC 2017

verizon is sending out a tech today (11-3 window) to see what's wrong...the 1st
level helpdesk lady tells me the signal's fine, but i want them to show me.

they sent me a replacement cablecard...because they didn't have to send a
body...but it made no difference. my son tells me it's probably my ont.

i replaced the s-d p/s w/a 4amp rpi p/s, and i've found 2 channels that will
lock&display (but with major dropouts) so i think the hdhr is ok, or is that a
common failure mode?

btw, my ota issues are due to my lo-power fm transmitter (for converting "hd"
radio to fm, so i can use any old radio;-) sitting right beside the tv...dunno
why it decided to act up now; i've had it for years...