[mythtv-users] Alternatives to original HDPVR?

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:07:43 UTC 2017

It looks like my HDPVR has crapped out.  I'm wondering if there is an
alternative to this for those of us who have to record video out of the
cable box.

Looking at Amazon it seems the original one is no longer available new, and
I'd be reluctant to buy one used given their tendency toward problems if
not treated well.

There is a HDPVR 2 <http://a.co/f6jfkNH> available, but it's got some
questionable reviews.  it also has a component video input but the
connector looks like an s-video plug and I don't know if it will connect to
my STB  (Sci Atlanta 4240HDC).  Is anyone using this?

Is there any other option besides Hauppauge products? The wiki says HDPVR
is the only way <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_capture_card> but I
don't know how old the entry is.