[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl vs. mysqldump

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:31:40 UTC 2017

So, after some investigation I have found that all my config.xml files,
including the one that I think mythtv is actually using, are 0 bytes.  How
this happened I have absolutely no clue.  I was doing nothing other than
playing recordings for years when everything went south.  Not only this db
issue, but can no longer connect to my HDPVR.

It is an older version (mythbuntu 12.04) and mysql.txt is still there.
mysqlcheck shows no problem with the tables.  But since mysqldump will back
up the database, I'm just going to do that and install mythbuntu 16.04
rather than trying to salvage this install. It will be less work I think,
and the updgrade is way overdue anyway.
Thanks for the input!